Thursday, July 18, 2013

The "Go To" Sunscreen for your Face!

Clarins Sunscreen Multi-Protection Broad Spectrum SPF 40
(with Plant Extracts)



This is a face sunscreen and according to the Clarins, it is 100% mineral. It has Titanium Dioxide about 8.1% and Cantaloupe Melon extract for the antioxidant. I don't know how many percent they put in it but IT IS listed on the ingredients. Here's a background of the benefits of Cantaloupe Melon:

Cantaloupe melon was first presented as a gourmet delicacy in the 15th century. A treasure from the region of Provence in France, the cantaloupe melon extract chosen by Clarins Research is obtained from organic farming and contains an exceptional concentration of superoxide dismutase, an enzyme with antioxidant benefits that neutralizes the harmful effects of free radicals on skin.

My Opinion:

The title "broad spectrum" kind of caught my attention, because I want to ensure that all the sunscreens that I'm using protect my skin against both UVA and UVB. Although the title doesn't specifically state UVA and UVB protection, but I did a little research on the Skincancer.org.



http://www.skincancer.org/prevention/uva-and-uvb/understanding-uva-and-uvb

So, "Broad-Spectrum" also mean that it is UVA and UVB protected. I think it is very important to look for these words when you are shopping for a good sunscreen.

Anyways, I like this sunscreen more than the Shiseido sunsreen SPF 50 that I used to have, because the texture is very silky and sheer. It is also super light weight and doesn't even feel like I'm wearing sunscreen. As far as the fragrance, it doesn't mention that it's fragrance free but I don't really notice the fragrance that it has either. So it must have very little or no fragrance at all! The price is pretty fair as well, $40USD. I think this is a good sunscreen!

Rating 5/5

Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored/advertised post!

No comments:

Post a Comment