Monday, April 16, 2012

FOTD the Goden Sun Rays


Spring's peeking just around the corner. We all know that this Spring is all about neon, coral and bright orange. But I just wanna go back to the basic, where there are streaks of golden sun rays touching on the ground of Earth, making everything else so shimmery.

How I got this look:

I used a golden shimmery eyeshadow and apply it on the first half of my lids. I then contour my eye sockets (not that I have a deep one... lol) with an earth tone such as a light to dark brown. I skipped the highest point of the golden shimmery eyeshadow and apply a little bit of that same brown onto the first 1/3 of the eyes, near the inner tear duct. By using this technique, it will make my eye shape appear wider and bigger.  I lined my top lash line with a black liquid liner and wing it out, upward. Then, the usual stuff to make your eyes appear brighter. You'd put a shimmery light reflect eyeshadow onto the inner tear duct.


Now, the reason why I didn't pull the eyeshadows on my top lids down to the bottom lash is because I want to save the room for a double eyeliner. I used a gray/black eyeshadow and very lightly lined half way out on the bottom lash line. And then I kinda created a V-shape towards the outer corner of the eyes. I then wing the line out a bit so that it could be parallel to the top wing. Add a non-shimmery white eyeshadow in between the lines to enhance them!

Last but not least, mascara of course! Remember to brush your brows in a way that make them look thick and full for a younger looking look.

Lastly, contour your face and add highlighter onto your forehead, nose bridge, above cheekbones, philtrum and chin for an overall glow.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment