Thursday, April 5, 2012

My Beauty Diary Masks



My Beauty Diary masks were among the first lines of masks that I've used in my early days. These come in different types and I have not yet tried all of them, but I've tried 3 different ones so far - the black pearl, red wine, and pearl powder, and I really like them. Below is description of each and my review:

  Black Pearl masks
It has natural active ingredients of black pearl, limes, pineapples, and cucumbers. The black pearl helps to soften and whiten skin, while limes, pineapples and cucumber will speed up metabolism of stratum comeum and remove dead cells on the epidermis layer. It is recommended for people who are lack of radiance and skin elasticity.
Tina's Verdict:


I love the Black Pearl series and personally felt that skin was more plumped and brighter after each use. It carries this effect till the next day. It also smells really nice, too! I think that it is a good "quick-fix" option for people who want to instantly look more awake and less dull before applying makeup on.

Rating:  4/5


  Red Wine masks

The Red Wine series is more for people who have sagged skin and dullness. It has polyphenol, anthocyanin, and tannins as the main ingredients. The polyphenol is said to be an antioxidant that helps to maintain skin's firmness and resilience. While the anthocyanin and tannins are astringent agents. The masks will work on promoting micro-metabolism and tone the skin.
 Tina's Verdict:
Since it has astringent agents which is alcohol in it, I would wash them off after each use. They are not my favorite as I did not see any clear result after using it. My skin remained the same after I took it off, in fact, it gave me a very weird "darker" look and feel. One of my least favorite one and will not repurchase these again!

Rating: 1/5

Pearl Powder masks
The main ingredients in this line of My Beauty Diary masks are amino acids, trace elements (not sure what that is...), Vitamin-B, and seaweed. The amino acids and trace elements are said to penetrates through the interior layer of the skin and create a soft, fair look and radiance; while the Vitamin-B and seaweed activates and nourishes skin. It is for dull damaged skin.
Tina's Verdict:
The Pearl Powder is one of my favorites in this brand, just as much as I do with the Black Pearl. Obviously for me to like a type of mask, I have to actually see the immediate result that it gives. Unlike cream/lotion which tends to take a few days to activate before you can see the result. Because masks are enriched with all the "good-stuff" and by leaving it on for a few minutes, you're basically giving your face a "bake" to absorb in all those "good-stuff." So you can judge if a mask really work or not usually after just a few minutes after taking it off.

Rating: 4/5


Written by Tina from BeautyToast

No comments:

Post a Comment